Press Releases and Advisories
- America Bikes Announces New Role for Campaign Director Caron Whitaker
November 8, 2012 - America Bikes today announced a new role for Campaign Director Caron Whitaker. On December 1, Whitaker will become the Vice President of Government Relations for the League of American Bicyclists.
- Bicycling and Walking Organizations Respond to Senate EPW Transportation Bill
November 7, 2011 - The America Bikes coalition expresses deep concern that bicycling and walking suffer disproportionate cuts in the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee's new transportation bill, and that significant additional activities are made eligible for these limited funds.
- New Transportation Bill Cuts Biking & Walking Funding by More Than 60 Percent
June 28, 2012 - The America Bikes coalition — representing the nation’s leading bicycling and walking groups — and the Safe Routes to School National Partnership oppose the new transportation bill, which would nationally cut funding for biking and walking projects by 60 to 70 percent.
- National Groups Urge Congress to Preserve Local Control over Biking & Walking Projects
May 31, 2012 - More than 70 national organizations, including the U.S. Conference of Mayors and American Heart Association, united today to urge members of Congress to preserve local control over biking and walking projects in the federal transportation bill.
- Photos - Members of Congress Release Data Showing Support for Biking and Walking Funds
May 9, 2012 - Members of Congress today joined business leaders, organizers, and national bicycle advocacy organizations to announce new survey data showing 83 percent of Americans favoring level or increased federal funding for sidewalks and bike lanes.
- New Survey: Americans Overwhelmingly Support Funding for Sidewalks, Bike Lanes, Bike Paths
May 9, 2012 - A new Princeton survey shows that 83 percent of Americans support maintaining or increasing federal funding for sidewalks and bike lanes.
- Members of Congress, America Bikes to Announce Transportation Survey Results
May 3, 2012 - On Wednesday, May 9 at 9:30, members of Congress will join America Bikes to announce new poll data by Princeton Survey. The survey reveals the overwhelming majority of Americans want to maintain or increase federal funding for sidewalks, bike lanes, and bike paths.
- Representatives Petri, Johnson, And Lobiondo Vote To Preserve Dedicated Funding For Biking And Walking
February 3, 2012 - A bipartisan amendment to continue dedicated funding for walking was narrowly defeated in the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Thursday. This puts the leadership-controlled Transportation bill out of step with communities across the country that are embracing walking and biking for transportation.